POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : _The Mother Hive_ comments : Re: _The Mother Hive_ comments Server Time
27 Apr 2024 23:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: _The Mother Hive_ comments
From: Shay
Date: 27 Nov 2007 11:31:15
Message: <474c4653$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

 > In my personal case, I don't know if expedience really guides my
 > efforts.  Besides wanting to help Steve's challenge to become
 > what I sincerely hope it will become, I am mainly driven by the
 > image that imposes itself on me once the topic is revealed. I
 > confess that I have not been able to resist till now :-) Well...
 > that may be called expedience too, after all... <grin>

What did you have to resist? Sounds interesting.

I'm not suggesting that expedience guides your creative efforts. The
questions I had in mind were more like: "Why isn't this as nicely
sun-lit at 'Eavesdropping'"? "The Mother Hive" does not appear to me to
be as visually mature an image as "Eavesdropping." I am guessing this is
due to insufficient time for radiosity, media, blur, modeling-detail,
etc. experimentation. Perhaps not. I can only relate to what I see of my
own intentions in others, and not every area overlaps.

  -Shay